View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #950
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I just don't get why they wouldn't use the LF3 3.6. That engine is built stout and ready for abuse. They could easily get another 20 - 30 HP and 30 - 50 TQ out of it with just a more aggressive tune. Never in recent history has there been a factory turbo forced induction engine that was anywhere near the output of what it can do with a 3rd party tune.

Now I'm not saying GM should go nuts and give it an aggressive un-safe tune that pushes the limits....just pull in the reins a bit less is all I'm saying. Something around 450/450 in that little ATS would be freaking amazing.

If GM does indeed go with a different motor simply for the fact that the LF3 isn't a good base for power that is pretty disappointing to me.
GM powertrain has a different set of rules that they have to play by than the aftermarket. Some of them are internal (such as engine longevity), some of them are external (emissions). But different none the less.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote