Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #206
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

The original Z was just a normal Camaro with suspension upgrades
Kinda like the Z51 Corvette was just an internal code as well.

GS Corvette is now Z52
This is what I don't understand, everyone is talking about how great the Z/28 is over the SS... The Z/28's of the past were not much more than the normal Camaro or SS etc... the 4th gen in fact the Z/28 had less HP... Reminds me of the 40 year old virgin, you guys are putting the Z/28 on a pedestal.

Don't get me wrong, I think if they do the Z again yeah it should be bangin!! An all out Stang (of any caliber aside from aftermarket modding) killer. I honestly don't understand why this HP Edition can't be called a Z/28 It has upgraded power and suspension... typical of the Z/28's of the past. If they don't call this one a Z/28, I think that's because they have something bigger and better lying in the shadows. As others mentioned maybe for the Alpha platform, but still there is no reason not to release one for the current platform. And if they don't have something bigger and better for this current platform then why not call the HP Edition a Z/28? RS, SS, Z/28 all recognized on the Camaro's since the beginning... why add something new to the mix now? ZL-1? Why? TH e ZL-1 of the past was faster and more powerful than the Z-28... but you already know this... so again why add a emblem we have not seen before?