View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
UBNZO6D

Drives: ZL1
Bad Bad experience @ Selman Chevrolet

I will preface this by saying that I have bought 4 vehicles since 2009 from Selman, 2 company vehicles (straight purchase) and 2 personal cars from Selman but whenever I buy a personal vehicle and try to trade one in Selman tries to lay me away sortaspeak...The first 2 times I was unhappy and I know that ultimately I approve the deals but I had hope and was told that they would make it up to me on future deals...Well the future is here and this 3rd time I just could not take the run around any more so I killed the deal...
One more thing, on the second deal they had to rewrite the deal the next day as Selman did not charge the price that Chevrolet had promo'd, they missed it by $40 a month...
The 3rd deal was buying a 2012 and I had a 2011 pristine trade in and was given a trade-in dollar figure that I felt was very low @ $19,500......A few days later they bumped up the trade by 2K to $21,500 and I was relatively happy...When the deal was about to be done they dropped the trade to $19,000 and I was very unhappy again...I did not make the deal...I also bought a 2010 Grandsport @ Boardwalk because Selman was not close on the pricing...My salesperson worked his ass off for me but management wants to hit a home run every time on trades...
I am a car whore and buy a lot of cars and I thought I would be taken care a little better for the amount of vehicles I purchase, but apparently not...Anyone else have this sort of thing happen @ Selman...
I was also going to trade (a 4th deal) my 2010 Grandsport for a ZL1, but not now...
Sorry for rambling but I just had to vent..

Greg

Last edited by UBNZO6D; 08-08-2011 at 08:11 PM.
UBNZO6D is offline   Reply With Quote