View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #117
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT View Post
A couple of things.

First of all, this 12.6, was it completely and totally bone stock? My 12.93 was totally bone stock, the only prep was lowering the rear tires to 25 lbs.

The other is that the 6 speed manual has the GXP by about 15-20 horsepower. There is also a numbers item. There were only about 1800 GXP's made, and I bet only 50 or less will ever be taken to the track, while the Camaro is being pumped out and sold on a continuous basis. Numbers alone blow away the GXP. I mean if over the next couple of years many guys are taking their Camaros to the track, it's like the army of Jamaica taking on the Chinese army. More cars to run equal more chances to get better times. The drivers who also started out running high 13's will figure out a way to better their times, given the learning curve, and that, along with some negative DA, will lower their times drastically.

With my A6 GXP I should beat any auto Camaro, while the M6 Camaro should beat me. But it doesn't always work out that way.
Yes it was completely bone stock. Down to the tire pressure, in which case if you go by a strict definition of being labeled "stock" then you were not. However, I do not go by that and you are stock in my opinion. Also the L99 Camaro has gotten slightly better than your A6 GXP (12.87). As it stands right now, like it or not by the information we have, the SS is slightly faster than the GXP.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote