View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
i'll try to bring both cars(GTO and SRT8), however, i kinda suck at drag racing, so you can all beat up on me, lol

Not sure if she will let me drive hers, she wouldn't let me at NJMP!

Just wanted to make a bit of a clarification on a couple things.

1. 70 Car Limit, a good number of those cars are already slotted, but are not going to have many runs that day as they are 8 or 9 second cars. I would estimate that 1/3 of the cars that will be there will be in the pits most of the day, which will clear things up for everyone else that wants more runs.

2. If you have never been to a drag strip before this is your best opportunity to go. There is very little pressure at the line, take your time, we will have plenty of people there with tons of experience that can get in the car with you and help you out. There will not be that many people in the stands so the pressure isn't as bad as a night with the stands full. So if you decide to do any of the following it won't really matter a whole lot.
a, Stage the rear tires
b, Stall it on the burn out
c, forget to take off the traction control
d, forget to put it in drive after you drive to far forward
e, the list can go on....

Bottom line, if you screw up (I have many many times) it's much less stressful on a track day than on normal day at the track with a couple thousand people.

3. The food stand will be open, it's not bad, but the price is to be expected, but it's not to bad.

4. There is usually a track photographer at the track (not all the time) and he will take pics of your car at the line and post them on his site, you can choose to purchase them and have them shipped to you. They are good quality and not to expensive.

5. A Typical night at LVD will get you about 3 runs for $25, A typical weekend day at the track will get you about 6 runs. I typically get in about 20-30 runs at these track rentals.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote