View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #687
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
update to all, i am waiting to meet with a GM rep...please know i have indicated several times my understanding of color shift and reflections off angles etc..i have a very trusted independent verification of the issue. i have looked at the car on different surfaces, white concrete, gravel, black ashpalt etc...i am not going to stand on a box and insist i am completely correct, but i will wait till a GM rep, and myself cover the issue...the 708S formula has serveral colors in the base coat, as most metallics do, again if this is a reflection issue, IMO it is the only negative of the paint or application.(but the shading issue seems most prompent on the doors) another member and myself had our cars produced very close in date...i have not submitted any more pics since we have had bad weather this week, hopefully decent tomorrow...also with regards to angles this issue is clearly seen from the front, side or directly in front of the area in question. again, i didnt jump out of my car and insist this was a problem(i observed the car over 3 weeks in different light and on diff surfaces, and like all of u thought it was just the reflections that the paint produces in certain light, etc) , i also reviewed the GM TSB specificially about color diff in doors and panels that applied to 2010 camaro and im sure 2011 camaros as well. to be honest, i am hoping i dont have to take any action at all, but like all of u, i paid good money for a car and color i absolutely love, so i am protecting my investment, and more importanty, this may be a legitimate issue, so i will put up with some more pics, and the response from the field GM rep..if the GM rep says no its fine and that is not what i agree with, then i will have to go it alone or leave it alone...obviously, any painting i do on my own would void my warranty on the factory paint..so i am not taking this lightly...thanks for all the honest input, but i wanted all responders to understand that i waited and did some background before i posted....in the end this maybe negative of the mix and one of few downsides of owning syn green(dont worry i am not going to get rid of it, the color was why i bought the car), but again i will wait until the facts are in...keep posting...thanks to all...
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc

Last edited by NC_SG_SS; 10-27-2010 at 07:29 AM.
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote