View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
My thoughts on 2014 Z/28

When I first saw the refreshed 2014 SS, I was less than excited. The more I look at it, the more I like most of it. I am still not a fan of the tail lights but at least they aren't the Euro lights.

Once I saw the Z/28, I started liking the refresh more. I don't know if it was the color or the excitement of seeing the car we have been talking about for a long, long time and waiting for much longer. Even the tail lights look better. They stand out more against the white paint so maybe that helps.

First thing, good work GM on bringing back not only the Z/28 badge but, in my opinion, the spirit of the Z/28. The work done to the car far exceeded my expectations of what may have been the Z. I am still blown away by what the car is.

Second, it seems to me that the BOSS 302 was more or less a non factor in the design of the car. It may have been motivation to build it but this Z/28 seems destined to rival much more expensive and exotic cars. I look forward to see the next Lightning Lap or even the magazine comparisons. It will be exciting to see the cars our Z/28 will out run.

Lastly, my faith is fully restored in GM and what they will do to please the enthusiasts. This car is built to the extreme and will turn off most people but there are many, myself included who were drooling over it at the reveal as the stats were listed. I apologize to for my lack of faith.

It is a good day to be a car guy and more importantly a Camaro guy.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote