Old 10-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #49
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
It needs to drop all that leather interior
no it doesn't
and lose some weight in places other than wheels and rotors. Cloth buckets with mechanical adjustments, no seat warmers, etc. All that stuff adds weight.
not only are thos the things that add the least weight, but removing them would add more cost because you're now introducing new parts that are specific to only one model trim.

Yes, I know they've made the ZL1 perform thus far with heavy weight in it, but, that will add extra wear on the systems, even if they're designed for it. You can't add mass without it effecting something somewhere. It may be faster tire wear, shorter lasting bushings, more frequent fluid changes, etc.. It always has to be accounted for.

Not every model Camaro needs to be a luxury coupe on the inside.. It looks like it's trying to be a ZL1 minus the LSA engine.
where have you been? That s exactly what GM is about. Look at Corvette GS and Z07

I think it's a nice start, but I personally would just like to see it go more towards performance considerations than creature comforts. 2LT/2SS and ZL1 are pretty much already that in the V6/V8 world.
red