View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
BumbleBeeSS2009

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
HELP! with some DRs

So I posted this in the wheel/tire section but I think this may be a better place for this...

I found a good deal on some 18" Vette GS wheels (they fit) and I found a set of used NT555Rs on Craigslist for ($50 - yes for both) but they were 285/35/18 which only gives me a 26" tall rear tire... I was hoping the shorter tire would improve my gear ratio (A6) for when I go to the track...

However.....

I had them put on, (I didnt have them put in TPMS sensors cause I didn't think I needed them for just the track) I drove around for a little but after about 5 minutes shit went all haywire... all 3 of my traction lights lit up, my ABS light and brake light came on and service stabili trac popped up on the DIC - and the car felt like it lost all power... but after about 3 seconds the car came back to life but all the lights were all still on...

I shut the car off, let it sit for a couple minutes and then started it up again... after about 5 minutes the same thing happened again....

Thing is the car seemed perfectly driveable after this happened but it seemed to happen every time I started it and drove for a couple minutes...

I understand that the computer was thrown all out of wack since the fronts are 275/40/20s and they were spinning at different rates...

but since this happens everytime I shut the car down and start it up I would basically never be able to shut the car off at the track, or start it up,drive around until it happens and then go sit in the staging lanes while idling....

Should I just say F*ck it and scrap the tires and get a tire closer to the OD of the stocks?

Also whats the lowest OD I can go without shit getting all crazy on me? I was thinking 275/45/18s - they'll be 1" shorter (27.7")

Any info would be much appreciated....

#52325 Delivered 11/07/2009
BumbleBeeSS2009 is offline   Reply With Quote