View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #122
MustangKillr

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I disagree entirely. First of all I think the #1 issue ive heard on these forums is price rather than being something everyone's forgotten. Also Ive always said the exact opposite, i think its retarted when people compare the GT500 with the Corvette, its two VERY different breeds and designs, about the only thing they have in common is they're performance oriented V8 cars, plus the GT500 is just a modified Mustang so why wouldnt the Camaro be pitted against it if it were modified the same way? What makes a modified Mustang only worthy of competing against a 2-seat sports car instead of an equally modified 4-seat muscle car with exactly the same formula as the Mustang? And to top it off, personally if the Z/28 did come out with just a suspension upgrade and sporting an LS3 i along with several, several others would be super pissed and feel totally let down. Not cause its a bad car by any means but just because why would we ever want to buy a Z/28 for $50k when we can buy an SS and upgrade the suspension the same way and get the same car for $15k less?

Thats just my oppinion at least, i didnt agree with anything you said, and as far as my personal tastes go if the Z/28 is gonna reach $50k it should have an LS7 or similar NA motor (no forced induction), updated and lightened suspension, wider tires, aggressive gear ratio like 3.83-4.10, and *gasp* carbon fiber body components for even more weight savings.
Really? That's funny because I keep reading stuff about people wanting all of these expensive parts, clearly aren't keeping price in mind. They aren't all that different really, different yes, but not VERY different. They're both V8 powered sports cars with performance suspension and comparable horsepower figures. If that's the case, then what would you compare the GT500 to? You obviously can't compare it to the SS so what would you compare it to? A car that hasn't even been announced yet? Also, where do you keep getting $50k from? Why can't it be $40k? After all you would only be paying for a suspension. Or are you still assuming you'll get an LSA or LS7? I agree with you, paying 50k for an SS with a track suspension would be a rip. But, there's nothing wrong with sharing the same powerplant as the SS for the Z28. That's what the 4th gen did and I bought a Z with no complaints.
MustangKillr is offline   Reply With Quote