View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
You guys who are riding the fence as far as getting a tune should realize that you are leaving a nice chunk of hp and torque on the table by staying on the stock tune. You are also not getting the best mileage that you could be getting by having it on the stock tune which is a touch rich from the factory. As far as warranty stuff goes, if you do indeed hurt the motor or drivetrain down the road and take it to the dealer for warranty work they will look at more than the tune. You could have the stock tune in there, but if they see headers, a cat-back, CAI, bald rear tires, etc, you could be in a bit of trouble anyways, stock tune or not.

Some of you guys have little faith in the strength of GM powerplants, lol. People have been pushing these motors with lots of boost to well over 700hp without a hitch.

Go have some fun with your cars and stop worrying so much! I'd bet that most of your 5th gens aren't daily drivers anyways.
I understand your point of view.

But, after 3 transmissions in my 4th gen, nothing can replace that warranty....over $3k covered by that warranty...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote