View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #12
jrcbandit

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think I will try a dry install since it doesn't look too difficult from the youtube video.

However, I have some questions about the wet version. I tried a "wet" install on my previous car for some headlight overlays, and recently I tried the wet install for the rear and front chevy bowties. In both cases, the results weren't very pretty - there are lots of micro bubbles that almost look like trapped dirt particles. I did clean the area beforehand with alcohol. I'm afraid to try the wet method with my side gill overlays because I don't want the same tiny bubble effect. A needle does help reduce the bubbles some, but there are too many really small bubbles to eliminate them via needle; for the headlight overlays the bubbles never went away even 2 months later before I eventually removed them for looking like crap. Any advice on what I did wrong or are all wet installs prone to this? Does the spray one uses really matter? I was using water with a little bit of baby shampoo for the install.

Last edited by jrcbandit; 02-20-2010 at 07:22 PM.
jrcbandit is offline   Reply With Quote