View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #341
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
Posting house pictures from Google is kind of hit or miss. In this case his driveway had his car with his company sticker on it; if you Google my house address, you will see a swamp that is half a mile down the dirt road from me.
My only thing with that is it get's a little too personal for the internet.

If BFXenon set out to scam, or scammed premeditatively, then It would be fair game in my opinion. But That was not the case here. He's just not living up to his end of the agreement, or seemingly, making the rules as he goes. It's a business practice. And that is the biggest complaint John has as far as BFXenon goes.

This is a tough place to be in. It's the weirdest thing I ever have been through with a product of any kind. I had the high end manufacturer (Savini) saying my wheels were just fine, and 5 different shops telling me they were not. As I got further into it I realized we may be talkig about perception. Couple of the shops used the "Not for the kind of money you paid" line. So there is an acceptable level of not round that is there. Mine was acceptagble to Savini standards but not to a lower end wheel standard is what I gathered. So then I had to assume that I'll just go with the accepted standard after I had two remade. Still felt a vibration that should not be in a wheel that cost over 1200.00 per wheel. But is accepted in a wheel that cost around 300.00 per wheel. I decided to just accept that.

So then if you aren't paying big money for the performance of the wheels you must be paying for the style and finish. Well, when the finish starts falling off after a few months then you reconcile in your mind that you must have paid ONLY for the style. I LOVE the look of an SV-29 but the look alone isn't worth the money. Not when the finish and structural usefulleness are on par with a low end wheel. A cast wheel is far superior to a Savini driveability. Maybe Savnini wheels are stronger, but who cares if you have to give up driveablilty?

So having said all of that, and in Johns case, it's a situation where BFXenon sold a wheel from a shitty company and is now a victim of that shitty company. And as a retailer/victim he makes a 'Store Policy'. THAT policy is to tell the customer no refunds. He's passing the buck. That's his policy and that's fine, BUT the original deal was made clear by John. So BFXenon uses Savinis 'cheapo' wheel tolerance test as the standard and makes his decision to stand with the manufacturer and not the customer.