View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
jonathanmoguel
MM.CC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
2010 camaro SS M6 Shifter Flew under car!

so i had my 2010 camaro for about 3 1/2 years now has about 47k miles and is a extreme blast to drive..

so yesterday i was driving home from work and when i was about 2 miles into the freeway,

i heard a weird clunking sound on the shifter and i downshifted into 5th and the car seem like it started to slip.

then the rattling on the shifter got worse and the noise was being transfered into the wheels.

so i then put it in neutral and when i decided to pull over like around 55 mph the shifter rattled extremely hard and out of no where it flew under the car and the knob flew up and hit and cut my thumb up.. so i pulled over with no shifter and i was like wtf just happened.. got it towed and called the dealer near my house and see what happened.. i think the shifter assembly failed because i picked up the pieces off the freeway. i swear it sounded like an IED exploded under my car!

so sad..