View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 05:51 AM   #19
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedSS View Post
I can appreciate your response, i have no intention of arguing this issue with you either. But the fact remains that the cost at a mass production level to run a forged vs cast piston is so little that it would most likely not even effect vehicle pricing.
I am just curious as to how you know the overall costs. I assume you are considering overall fuel economy, emissions AND warranty? And i do know that no cost increase is invisible.

I truly respect your passion on pistons, but there are good reasons for the LSA pistons and the application.

For most people, 556 reliable HP is wayyyyyyyy more than good.

The issue really isn't if forged is better or not. The issue is you continue to claim GM has somehow failed by not giving you what you would like. Even if it was $10 more (and I believe it is more) program teams kill for that. So if I can deliver a car with an engine that every mag has said beats a BMW m5........EPIC WIN.

And keep in mind the engine for the reported Z28 is not announced let alone the specs. So this should be viewed as an exchange of ideas and experience. So let us kkep this as a technical discussion. GM hasn't failed here. The LSA is by all measures a great engine just as the Camaro is a great car. But that doesn't mean everyone has to be happy.

Last edited by Number 3; 09-30-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote