View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #250
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Hennessey Performance The problem with this kind of test is that an intake that may be worth 10-20 rear wheel hp by itself. Engine heat soak and timing curves can vary power by at least that amount or more.

This will all be taken in to consideration and recorded

One idea would be to make 6 pulls in a row, get the stock motor completely heat soaked then start testing them all with heat soak. Then do 3 back to back pulls. The test notes should show the amount of time from one intake system to the next.

As stated, Computer will be cleared, intake will be installed, hood will be closed, car will perform a drive cycle until fuel trims are stable, which will bring everything to full operating temps.

Here is the bottom line: There is no magical air intake design that is going to be heads and shoulders above all the rest.

Sitting still on a chassis dyno does not tell you jack squat other than a dyno number. The air induction system does not really start working until the car is moving.

I totally disagree here

A back to back track test of some sort would be much more appropriate if everyone wants to know the real differences in these systems. Which air intake kit gets the car from 60-100 mph in the lowest time?

Ram Air is a MYTH!!!

Anyway, sorry for the thread jack and no disrespect to the shop that offered to do this test. I just think that its going to be hard to get accurate numbers. And again, my main point is that a chassis dyno does not give you the full picture about any air intake kit. 1/4 mile trap speed tells you what kind of power you are making. Period.

I agree with the last sentence

Soooo, Are you sending one or not?

So you believe in Ram Air??

60 MPH winds aren't good enough??

JFTR, Every car that has left my dyno and gone to the Track has Run the numbers measured on the dyno consistantly!
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote