View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #1
DutchCamaroDriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Exclamation Strange problem, engine dies after a few seconds (2010 2SS Supercharged)

Hi guys,

first of all, thanks for being such a great site! I didnt introduce myself yet because I'm currently still putting mods on my car and pictures and stuff will follow later, but for now I got this wierd problem ...

Info about my car: 2010 2SS model (automatic), it's supercharged (the magnacharger tvs 2300) with a complete Kooks exhaust system.

Since I live in Europe (The Netherlands). I don't have on-star and since the car isn't sold over here I can't take it to the dealer. I have brought up the problem with a couple of companies, but so far they have no idea and they would be needing the car for a while and run some tests .. but before I give my car away and possibly loosing mucho cash I figured I ask here first.

So here is the problem, I will try to be as clear as possible:

It's parked at the store (drive TO the store went fine). I turn on the engine, it starts fine ... it works as normal, no weird noises or anything. I put it in reverse, I back out of my parking spot ... so now i'm in the middle of the street. I brake, put it in Drive and boom ... engine dies. I cannot restart it right away ... cars are coming and I'm blocking the road ... I stay calm. Put it back in Park, turn the ignition off and try again. After about a minute or so (little less) I got it to start again and I drove off.

Next day. I'm parked at my parents house (the drive TO my parents house went fine). I want to go home so I step in, start the engine, put it in Reverse to back away from a close car. I brake, put it in Drive and I go forward. I have to make a turn so .. I drive a bit forward and put it in Reverse again to make a turn. Boom ... engine dies again. Couldn't restart for about 30 seconds. I try all over and finally it started again after a bit.

This is making me very nervous because it doesnt give me any error msg or lights on the console, nothing at all. It's not fuel or anything, I always get my fuel at the same place. Maybe it's the pump? Maybe it's something electrical? Is it the gearbox?

If anyone has any idea it would be great. I can take some ideas to the shop and maybe they can work from there before I loose my car for weeks and paying a lot of money w/o a solution.

Thanks anyway!
DutchCamaroDriver is offline   Reply With Quote