View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #175
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
[QUOTE=Ttbestas;3819279]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
Here's a quick idle clip of my new "Spinmonster" cam (about 20 seconds after a cold start), along with a nice rev towards the end It gets quite a bit choppier the longer it warms up, so I'll try to get a longer shot from the rear of the car, eventually. Props to the team at Lashway Motorsports in Pompano Beach, FL for a great install & tune!...

do you have dyno numbers?

'Sure do. All I can say is the graph looks excellent; just what I was looking/hoping for--more HP & torque throughout the powerband and a nice big, flat torque curve without any losses down low; plus the drivability is very good (no surging in the low RPMs)! However, before you read into the numbers (i.e. saying to yourselves "just 433rwhp/379 lb-ft of torque; what's so great about that?"), keep in mind how conservative this shop's Mustang Dyno reads. On my baseline (Run #2), which includes all my previous bolt-ons (see sig.) and a mail-order tune from Vector Motorsports, the dyno read just 359rwhp/336 lb-ft (I went to another well-known C5 sponsor's Mustang Dyno under similar weather conditions and got 395/383, so that one reads roughly 10% higher). Those mods usually yield ~415rwhp on a typical Dynojet, so when you do the math, this shop's dyno (for estimates' sake) likely reads over 15% lower than your average Dynojet. I don't want to speculate what it would read on one of those dynos, but you can do the math to get an idea.
Attached Images

Mods: Forged 416 LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 SC (~11 psi), custom cam (232/247, .630/.630, 118 LSA), 90-lb. injectors, ZL1 fuel pump & ADM controller, Alky Control meth kit, Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, ZL1 drivetrain conversion w/ DSS 1000-HP axles & 1-pc. driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. Built & tuned by Kraftworks. 755 rwhp/708 rwtq
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote