View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
My thoughts mimic fastball's. It's a credit assigned to all the models (and classes?) within the company...so the MPG the Camaro loses gets made up by the volts/hybrids and not to mention I know I read somewherre the companies can trade/buy/sell CAFE "credits" to each other.

Another thing I didn't like at all was the comparisons he uses...historically speaking Dodge engines are as efficient as...hell there's no analogy that covers it...they suck and always have. Ford is only marginally better. I refer back to my '91 vert that got over 20 MPG on the highway (5.0L TPI) with no modifications...it just ran well. Show me a 5.0L Mustang or a Chrysler that came close (even the V-6 cars) in the era.

Not to mention the designs going into the AFM (right acronym?), etc...GM knows about CAFE and has known it was a potential issue since the inception.

I dunno, there's just too many holes in this article to me. Maybe I'm biased (ok, definitely) but still I don't think it's the doomfest he is portraying it to be if you take in all of the facts.
I agree...the media should not be allowed to publish crap like this unless its 100% fact. I just think the guy wants some time in the lime light!
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote