View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
As I've gotten older and more attune to the political world (which generally makes my stomach churn), I've found that the vocal minority will get more attention from our politicians than the quiet majority. I think most of us who prefer to drive a real car and not a buggeyed electric golf car are the same ones who vote our concience, but don't scream and cry and yell about it (if you get what I'm trying to say without actually saying it ).

I just heard today the person who will most likely be the presidential cadidate for said crybaby minority that (and I'm paraphrasing to save space) us as a country need to quit using so much air conditioning in the summer time, get rid of vehicles that are "needlessly large", and start cutting back on energy consuming entertainment...... and the crowd was goin nuts!

If we don't get people back into power who are on OUR side of this, we are just as much to blame for not being vocal about our personal beliefs. I really feel compelled more than ever to get more involved in the political process just to keep such a wave of nonsense from actually becomming legislature.

Is this the same canidate that wants to hand earth orbit and beyond over to our enemies because he needs money to pay for schools?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote