View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #30
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I have this mod, but have not installed it yet. Not sure how clutch dust can get in the fluid. Discoloration from heat over time maybe? I bought this mod because if you hot lap your LS3 at the drag strip you can experience the clutch sticking to the floor. Some have claimed this mod will resolve that problem.

I did experience this a couple of times in my '11 SS. But not yet on the 1LE, even though last night I must have made 20 runs. My 1LE has only has 2,000 miles on it, my '11 SS had 24,000 including a very lengthy track day. So it could be that this effect happens as the fluid ages under heavy use. So if this mod makes is easier to change the clutch fluid then it is worth while. Of course heavy use of the brakes would add the same requirement for the brake fluid.

I think if you do not track your 1LE at all, the mod may be just for peace of mind. If you do, at least it makes changing the clutch fluid easier and might give you a little more life out of your brake fluid.

This mod belongs with the Ported TB, the TB Wedge, and the fuse pull. Cheap mods that might do some good, but can't hurt.

I had my clutch sticking mid way or on the floor and the dreaded second gear grind. I put in the remote res, tick high flow clutch line and ideal garage master cylinder. I now have no problems at all. I road race my car so I am not easy on it and it has not given me any trouble after these mods.

Not sure if it makes it any easier to bleed the clutch but it does prevent the brake fluid from getting dirty and it will save the brake seals and abs stuff in the long run.