View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #11
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Trunk it is...and thank God, IMO. Everywhere I go, I'm always worried someone will break into my car and steal my goodies. With a trunk, you are that much safer.

Word to the wise...in three years of taking police reports and burglary of vehicle reports, I've only taken ONE report where the trunk was opened after they broke into the car. That's right...only ONE. And, I'll tell you why they broke into the trunk. The guy who had his car broken into was in the same parking lot where 3 other cars were actively getting broken into. The actors saw my complainant placing his luggage from the inside of his car to the trunk (2 laptop bags, luggage, etc. - items burglars always look for first in case you wondered).

He was then followed to two places. He had a cell phone in plain view in the center console. The window was broken, the cell phone LEFT IN PLACE, and the trunk was popped. There was NOTHING else inside the vehicle. Again, this is the only report I've ever taken where someone popped the trunk. Now, this is an extremely good reason IMO to have a trunk.

(I know the 5th Gen will be a trunk, this is just for argument's sake.)

They could easily make the 5th Gen a hatch while keeping it looking exactly as it does now. A hatch doesn't have to have the 'dome' that the 3rd and 4th Gen's had. Just have the 'trunk lid' lift along with the rear window as one unit and it wouldn't look any different at all.

Just look at the Scion tC. It doesn't look like a hatch, but it is.

I'd much prefer a hatch over a trunk. Even with folding rear seats you can't fit something a bit taller in a trunk like you can with the hatch (just leave the hatch open as you drive).

The only vehicle I've owned that could move more than my 82, 91 or 02 Camaro's was my 2000 S10 Xtreme.

Hatch > Trunk
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote