View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Wraps and such should be factory OPTIONS or... aftermarket personal touches that individuals select of their own free will in order to make the car at least a little different from a handful of the others in the neighborhood.

The most frustrating part is that it is strictly an aesthetic mod, that has no impact on performance... being forced into a performance/handling package. Obviously this addition is factored into the cost and we foot the bill like it or not.
The 1LE ordering is a PITA in general. Overall, the hood wrap is not a big deal because it can be removed and the supension, gearing, transmission, etc upgrades are extensive. However, now you can only order the 1LE with a black interior. No beige. No gray. I know the argument has been it's a track car who cares about a wrap and seat colors? To a degree that is true, but people also critisized being able to order a 1LE with 2SS that had heated seats, leather, etc. and GM basically said they wanted to give people options. So you can get leather and heated seats on a "track car", but you can't get a different color interior or delete the wrap? So much for wanting to give the customer "options". I personally have pulled my order and I am going to watch from the sidelines for awhile until they sort some of this out.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote