View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #44
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Well said. However just because you don't support the bailout doesn't mean you hate the big three. It just means you have a different ideology or think you have a better way to fix the situation. The government is going to help the retiree's and health benefits of GM while a bailout will probably happen if GM is still in trouble once Obama comes into office. However what price or what freedoms will we be giving up as American's because of the conditions that such a large bailout would require that is written by Democrats. More standards that make it even harder for larger more powerful engines to meet without penalties that the buyer has to incur in the form of taxes. How long will the bailout last before another is needed? The answer lies somewhere in between where both parties would like to take this situation. One thing is for certain, a lot of prayer and hard work is what is going to keep GM alive and running after the Government helps pay for benefits and salaries that no longer can be met at the current production level. And I will keep praying and as a loyal GM customer with 2 GM vehicles and one on the order I will continue to do my part..

VERY good point......you are correct in that if a person doesn't agree with the government loan -- it does not necessarily mean they hate GM or Ford or Chrysler.

I should have been clearer.........my point - and you are correct -- I wasn't real clear - is that there ARE those that are spouting vile things about the big three -- no company is perfect and there IS lots of blame to go around.

The PROBLEM is that too many people see themselves as "experts" -- and they spout off with 'facts' that are, indeed, incorrect or completely taken out of context.

There are an incredible amount of people saying along the lines of "...GM hasn't changed, they won't change -- and it's only a matter of time."

People -- I am here in the flesh to tell you that GM HAS CHANGED.......there IS a plan to get thru this -- the amount of change in the past 4 years is staggering.........but understand that change is tough -- it's costly, and it's risky (among other things...) and I hate to say this one more time - but the playing field is not level.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote