View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
So does Mast back those springs for any amount of time? You gonna pull all of them and replace? I'm assuming the head is coming off to check for more (if any) damage. That sucks.
No idea. I'll find out on Monday if their willing to do something for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
generally on cars you don't drive very often that have extreme valve springs with a big cam(granted i have no idea how big your cam is) you change the springs once a year. From what I hear with the car sitting for long periods with some of the upgraded valve springs fully compressed they tend to become fragile. On race engines the rockers are often released after racing is done to take pressure off the valve springs while the car isn't being used. All of the previous things stated are gathered from info over time, some maybe true, some maybe false, just something to think about. On my built gto i ran very similar springs and put 28000 miles on them with no problems but it was all in 1 year and then changed them after a year because of the things i previously stated
The car is driven quite often. I think your referring to dual springs. Beehive tend to last a bit longer, It was one of the reasons I went with them..
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote