View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #37
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post

The B15 is a stout motor, much better than the old LSX376-B8. The B15 is made for 15 pounds of boost, so it can take a good deal of punishment. I was going to use one in my car, but I went for displacement instead.

For builders who want to stretch the performance of a turbocharged or supercharged combination, we’ve got just the foundation you need: Chevrolet Performance’s new LSX376-B15, featuring a durable, all forged rotating assembly to handle up to 15 pounds of boost. Chevrolet Performance’s engineers started with the tough LS steel Bowtie standard-deck block, added a forged steel crankshaft, forged rods and forged pistons, then topped off the short-block assembly with high-flow, rectangular-port LSX- LS3 6-bolt aluminum heads for supercharged and turbocharged combinations.

That's from the GMPP catalog this year, the B15 is a completely different motor than what most people think. Most people are still thinking of the B8.

Yeah that's what I remember reading and I was like that looks like a stout piece. I'm not chasing down any world records so adding another 100lbs to the nose doesn't concern me much. Looks like it would be perfect for me as 15lbs is about all my blower is gonna make + a bigger shot could be perfect. Can't beat the price either.

What I wonder is how much power I'm going to loose going to this motor with the compression ratio from a stock LS3
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote