View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #5
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPM1678 View Post
so Ive been staying at my cousins house for the past couple days and today I went out to buy groceries for them. And my cousins neighbor happens to own a corvette a base model but still. I pull into my cousins driveway when my cousins neighbor comes out. He sees me get out of my camaro and he strikes up a conversation he said I had a nice car I said thank u and he told me he drove a vette and I said nice and he asked me if i wanted to take it for a spin so I said yea. I'm not a fan of corvette's but it did feel awesome to be driving one. I didn't really like the interior that much but I did get a thrill from driving it. Anyway heres some of my thoughts on my camaro vs my cousins neighbors corvette.

The camaro we all know is fast but it doesn't feel like it. The corvette is fast and it felt like it. for those of you who don't live in the chino hills area theres a huge wide mountainous road thats usually empty. My cousins neighbor was nice enough to let me drive on this road and I hit 75 goin on the uphill side and I got such a rush from jus hittin 75 goin downhill I hit 95 and got a real huge adrenaline boost from it eventually I hit the brakes though.

The camaro handles really good. The corvette was about the same handle lvl as the camaro but it did feel just a little bit smoother on the turns and curves. probably since its much lighter.

Anyway just thought Id share my experience and opinion with you guys. And I will admit I have a new appreciation for the corvettes.
I guess I can describe the same feeling of my car feeling lighter, faster and more responsive when turning with my new Mustang 5.0 vs my Camaro SS I drove for a year. The lighter weight has a lot to do with it. I bet the 6th gen Camaro will shed quite a few pounds to improve upon that. The Camaro is a lot better than the Challenger I test drove in the turns without a doubt in comparison. I haven't driven a Corvette however I'm pretty sure it feels better in the turns and lighter than the Mustang..lol.. I have to give it a test drive one of these days..