View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
Chantelle_0666
2014_2SS_RS

Drives: 2014_2SS_RS
Excessive Oil Consumption Problem/Unhelpful Dealership/Warranty Issues

Last spring I bought a brand new 2014 Camaro 2SS. Before the first oil change my "low oil" indicator came on, I took it to the dealership and it was down roughly 3 liters of oil. The dealership thought it might have came low from the factory, leading me to believe they didn't do a proper inspection and delivery.

The oil consumption problem has persisted, my Camaro has gone through roughly 9 liters of oil in the 15,000 KM (1 liter per 1,600km) it has been driven. So far the dealer has inspected it and cannot find any leaks/problems with my motor. They have now switched my oil to full synthetic (which will not do anything) and want to continue "monitoring"my oil consumption (until the warranty runs out no doubt). I have now made a formal complaint to GM and they are investigating.

My cousin bought a new 2014 Stingray last spring which also had oil consumption problems (not as bad as mine) and it was determined to be "within spec" by GM's engineers and they wouldn't do anything for him.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Has anyone had success in having a situation like this rectified?

Chantelle_0666 is offline   Reply With Quote