View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #12
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
Thank you again .
I did change the cam specs per your recommendation .
My experience is with big block marine engines and I always run 260s cam 108 lc or upper 270s on the higher rev motors with the wider lc and always conservative lift for endurance .
My brother who has some LS1/2 experience was against the 117 cam as were a few others .
I bought the cam kit from Thunder in La. . I was anxious to start modding the Camaro . They were accessible plus their recommendations and logic were consistent with my previous experience .
I know a lot of guys are busy with big $ builds or tired of dealing with tire kickers and I can relate .
I really appreciate you freely sharing your experience and knowledge , I had already commited to Thunder and would never pull the deal from them after giving the order .
I'm going to dyno the cam and cai only LS3 and post results . From there I'll contact you @ ADM when I'm ready for the next upgrade .
Again , Thanks .
Thunder has a PROVEN track record as well with the LSx Gen stuff. In fact they and TxSPD compete head to head with their grinds and you look at the specs and ramp rates and lobe selection......

Well GENERALLY speaking what works in a LS engine works the smae way for EVERYONE. A cam doctor is your friend. Those two companies do ALOT of things similarly is what I'll say !

Any how. I'm excited to see your setup come together and should we have a chance at any future business then all the better!

BURN RUBBER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO ALL THAT PM ME ABOUT CAM SPECS

I have received several PM's asking about cam specs. I do have some theories about specs and will freely share my OPINIONS with anyone that takes the time to ask. It may take time for a reply but I will surely reply. I nor ADM have access to a company that can custom grind cams. Unless (as in the case above) you have your contact to grind the cam then I will recommend all the FINAL recommendations be coordinated with Trevor and TxSPD. I do not have ALL the lobe charts for lobe lifts at a givin duration so my recommendations will undoubtably be changed a TICK unless I have a chart with the actual LOBE PART# I'm recommending. In many cases I can actually have the exact COMP Cam lobe part# and you just call Trevor and say I want a comp grind with Part#'s so and so on X-LSA with +x whatever advance.....

CAVEAT I have some tools to CALCULATE P to V but the FINAL measuring will always be your repsonsibility at the time of install. I typically will NEVER recommend a lift or split that P to V even needs to be considered but the fianlly responsibility rests with the INSTALLER!

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

Last edited by freemaSSon; 04-02-2010 at 09:16 AM.
freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote