View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Back to work.

I finished up the Super Mustang by polishing the belly with Meguiar’s M105 on a Lake Country Cyan Advanced Cutting Pad and Meguiar’s M205 on a Lake Country Tangerine Ultra Polishing Pad; both via Porter Cable.

And finally a coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant to complete it…

Afterwards, I jumped on the Austin Healey with Ryan, polishing the driver’s side with M105 Ultra Cut Compound and an orange pad, then finishing the Healy with Meguiar’s M205 on a 6.5 Inch Hi-Gloss Black pad and a Porter Cable. You can see the huge improvement of the finish; sadly this is the closest to a finished picture as I managed to take.

Rory did an amazing job of polishing the metal trim with Blackfire Metal Polishes.

The Healey was coated in Blackfire Wet Diamond and put away.

Still Going… The 1955 Abarth 207A Boano Spyder

After finishing up the Healey together Ryan and I eyed the Abarth Boano with its diminutive body. Surely it couldn’t take too long. The 207A was Abarth’s first built race car featuring a Fiat engine and a symmetrical body. These race cars where hand built by Carlos Abarth in Torino, Italy and are extremely rare.

The paint was pretty easy to work on with this one. I worked the paint quickly for multiple passes with Meguiar’s M105 Ultra Cut Compound and a Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool Pad. Ryan followed behind me with Meguiar’s M105 UCC on a 3M Orange Waffle Pad, then I jeweled the paint with Menzerna PO85rd and a 6.5 Inch Hi-Gloss Black Finessing Pad on my Makita. Start to finish this tiny car only took 4 hours (or 8 total).

Mike washed and clayed Abarth prior to leaving.

I began cutting the paint with M105 and a Purple Wool pad. Look at the Healey glow in the background! (sadly I didn’t take any after pictures of it L )

Ryan following up behind me on the PC.

After removing the last of the Blackfire Wet Diamond I grabbed my camera and snapped some pictures.

About halfway through taking pictures I noticed that Ryan and I where the only one’s still in the shop. Surely it isn’t that late? Oh that’s right, there is a major snow storm and the roads are shutting down, we should have left early. We looked around, it was 9:30 PM, and besides Geoff, where the only ones left.

Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote