View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #3839
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
Thats truly incredible what Mark is willing to do for you! I'm glad your working on getting this sorted out. Have fun
Yes, I was both surprised and in disbelief at the same time. Talk about putting reputation above all - Pretty darn cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Is that a logger that installs in the vehicle? Similar to the ones used in pro racing (GPS, Camera inputs, etc...)?
Those are cool. If you don't mind me asking which vendor? I've been looking for prooper video setup without having to have numerous independant camera's with GPS option to map the track and log data.

This is the D200 made by Powertrain Control Solutions. It is a sunlight readable touchscreen solution. Heard about them since they do stuff for the military. The primary use of this is multiple sensor input, display and logging including GPS. For heavy video use I am sure there are better units out there. I will be using some of our Unmanned Vehicle technology to process video for this unit.

I could go on; But I'll just say cheers to the vendors who are stepping up to resolve the problem. I've read too many night-mares and experienced some myself.
Agreed. Mark Bowler did a major step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Ok that data logger is freaking awesome!!!!! Love all the technology going on with your ride!!!!
Bowler taking awesome care of you for good reason since this is by far the baddest 5th gen on the planet wouldn't you want your company invovled as well????
Thank You. Glad you like the SST, but there are many truly great Camaros on the roads out there - most on this site !!

As far as company stuff, we may borrow some of our internal technology, but it's just for personal use. Cars are a hobby. The only thought we did have was to put our Command and Control system into one of these and drive it around with a Droid phone, iPad, XBox or something. That would freak some people out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Women want to ride in the SST and Men want to own the SST.

When I tell people about this car I find myself without the vocabulary skills to do it any justice at all.
Ha, ha. Funny... We'll have to go out to eat again. The girls can sit in the back with helmets on...

P.S. Your driveshaft should be showing up (hopefully) soon.