View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enator View Post
ehhe let my GT500 come to Sweden then we can kill pony car
The Mustang won't ever "die" but it will definitely have to drop the muscle car label and evolve into something else . The Camaro still has another 5-6 years in this models life and sales are not going to get any better from this point on... They have played all their high sales cards, the only thing left is a Z28 and it will be limited just as the ZL1 is. Everyone is buying V6 Camaros and it is hard to get a V6 Mustang... I smell Ecoboost 4s in... about 31 months...

Quote:
I think 70 thousand Camaros sold this year is impressive....they are not Pintos you know. I think your perception of stale sales is way off,especially with the economy the way it is.
I know it looks good but the economy doesn't care how much you spent to develop the car nor the fact that you overproduce it on a monthly basis. Did you know that as of right now, the 4th Gen Camaro is outselling the 5th Gen at the same point in its lifespan? This is even after a slow 1993 because the Camaro was a mid year release (and this is not counting the Firebird), 282,533 were sold at this point, 69,517 more than the 5th Gen.

Quote:
lets not forget how ford sold quite a few mustangs some months back,HEAVY incentives to get them off the lots,
Ford has to offer incentives, nobody is buying the car. Incentives have to happen when the car quits moving, Ford started offering incentives in 2008 on the Mustang sometime during the 5th model year. Chevrolet is doing the same now because nobody is buying the car however, it is only 2.5 model years... Ford still offers a $1500 dollar factory incentive, same as the current GM incentive for the Camaro.

Last edited by thePill; 10-03-2011 at 12:45 PM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote