View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomash View Post
Why?
Because they are car enthusiast too and I’d rather have them next to me at a stoplight as opposed to another Camry or Prius driver.

There are always those who take customizing too far, more so ricers than others, just look at SEMA. There will be plenty who mod up there Camaros to “Rice” levels with wings, crazy paint jobs and over done stripes and bodykits. While I will laugh at them it’s at least someone who cares about cars.

Question on the GT500. I imagine it’s insanely fast in a straight line but would think there would be a fair amount of push due to the weight. One of the advantages the Corvette has is it has a very powerful engine but isn’t toting around an extra 900lbs. Not to mention having an IRS.

I guess I’m not the target for that much power as I’d prefer 250hp and 2000lbs than 500hp and 4000lbs. Now of course 300hp and 2000lbs would be great but once you get past that 7-8lbs per hp there just doesn’t seem any real place you can exercise that.

Drove a 135 this past weekend, realistically it probably makes 325hp (only rated at 300) and 300 lb feet of torque and weighs about 3300-3400lbs. It felt hugely fast, I can only imagine what GT500 or vette must feel like. I think it will be hard for me to preserve my license in a 400hp SS.