Thread: CEL Question...
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
getarz4u15ster

Drives: Camaro RJT 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
That's not true. I have no rear O2 sensors in my Z06, and it passes every single readiness check. The 2010 Camaro I've been doing a lot with lately that is cammed has the rear O2s turned off as well, and it passes all readiness checks just the same.

To the OP, I find it very odd that you're not pulling up any codes. Are you sure that your code reader is capable of reading CAN-based OBD-II? A tune should never have to learn ANYTHING if it's done right. The only thing that will always adapt are your fuel trims, but that's not going to impact you getting a check engine light. Depending on the size of the cam, I'd say there's a good chance you're either seeing P0300 for misfire or P0106 for map sensor performance.

Did you add any other parts when you did the cam?... Were the headers there before the cam? Headers would cause an insufficient switching code on your front sensors because some designs don't have proper scavenging at low rpm, low load. Will the check engine light trip if you just let the car sit and idle?
Ya know what... that's when i notice it.. everytime i let the car sit and idle for 2 or 3 minutes at a cold start, is when i notice it happens... I thought there was a coincidenece there, but i wanted to try it one more time to see if there was a pattern developing there as well. I did have the headers on before the cam. So at this point it's intake,shorty headers, exhaust, and the cam. What you are saying about the P0106 for the map i've heard will do this same type of thing as well. What can be done about the misfire and map codes? Tune them out completely or what?

Ohh and as far as the code reader... im not really sure it's my Pops. It's brand new for OBD2 vehicles.. but who knows, i'll have to ask him.
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
DT Headers, JBA H/F Catted mid pipes
Magna Flow Comp series exhaust w/ Xpipe
Comp Custom grind Cam
Tune and Machine work done by MPC
CAI Intake
getarz4u15ster is offline   Reply With Quote