View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #233
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
If GM builds this and doesn't call it the Z28. They must have a new formed hate for the z28 as this is the boss competitor we've been all waiting for. I mean what else could you possibly do to make it a z28. This is a road race car. Increase in power and decrease in weight and you have yourself a Z28. GM would be on crack, speed, salvia, weed and OxyCotton not to call this the Zed28

So true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Just imagine where we might have been by now without the "events" of '08-'09...

I'll never forget the very first time I sat in a 5th Gen....the IVER at INDY. WHAT a weekend!

I know, I know...I cried tears of joy when I saw that silver LS2 (actually an LS6) roll out onto that stage... and I'll never regret buying my SS 2 years ago. But DAYUM do I want that 1LE. Shit...call it a Z28, call it a 1LE, call it an OPTION to check as I order my SS...I don't give a damn! But, THAT is the car that I'd really love to have right about now.

Well....remove the suspension from my current SS, replace it with the magnetic ride and wheels and I'd probably be happy...

Seriously, if I could manage it, I'd buy it.

A nice bump to 500hp would be nice. I think an LS7 would be killer, but being realistic, that probably won't happen. Too much money...

However, a bit more power would satisfy more than enough. More than an SS, but still not in the realm of the ZL1. A true road race machine...little heavy, but that's what that suspension is for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runin11z View Post
You have one mean machine, never regret that beauty...

Why thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Anyone have more pics from SEMA of the 1LE.

Weight.

On a side note, we'd all like to see this bad boy shed some pounds. I'm sure GM would too! Heck, that would totally send road racers from every nook and cranny in the Camaro world flocking! But, the sad reality is that there really is not many places one could cut weight from.

Wheels....they already did that by design. They cut out parts of the wheels where it was just extra added weight. But, that makes the wheels cost a tiny bit more.

Body panels to composite type panels? Sure, it could happen. But, that's going to be front fenders and doors. I doubt they are going to do doors as that might play into safety aspects. Might only leave front quarters. Heck, the entire back end and top are all one piece. So, that leaves the hood (which is already aluminum) and the trunk lid....kinda heavy there. Doing anything with those is going to cost some cash. Shoot, they might as well carry anything they design there over to all the other models to make it cost worthy.

Power seats? Sure, you could get rid of a 2lb motor. Not much there to really take out.

Power windows to roll down windows? Will NEVER happen. Manual roll down windows already weight more than power windows. Ask Scott. Not going to happen.

Radio delete and speakers...amp....heck, that would save a few pounds! But, who would want to get rid of that?

I mean...where are you really going to save weight on this?

I don't think there really is a whole lot one could do to save that weight. Maybe all in all .... a total of 80lbs? IF THAT?

So, getting back to the 1LE. What's easier? Cut weight or add more power? I think it's a no brainer.

GM already has a WIN on the suspension and mag ride. Just add a few more horsies under the hood and it'll be a perfect package.

Again, if I had the means.....

....John, Cheryl, Al, Scott....

.................You'd see a new Tom Henry thread started where I'm ordering a new 2012/13 Camaro 1LE/Z28 (whatever...lol)

But I LOVE it. It's perfect.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote