View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #56
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
^^^ You lost me in the 2nd paragraph. For the 1LE, they needed a larger front bar to add understeer because the larger tires eliminated too much understeer?

Based on your Gen 5 Suspension thread (written back in 2010 and edited since), you rank the improvements as follows:
1) subframe & radius bushes
2) springs/coils
3) sways

Add in the fact that I have never taken my car to a track and 80% of my driving habits are covered by the stock system (under 4/10ths), I don't want to start spending money that won't be utilized (Like grandma buying a Lingenfelter).

Knowing this, as well as my reluctance to lower the car, I'm looking at a Pedder's "Daily Driver" package as a starting point. Not sure if I should add a 27mm rear sway (the Solution B kit), 32mm rear sway (Solution C), lowering springs (then how much lower) or none of the above.

Also, when it comes to the sway bars, how important is it to replace the endlinks?
The good news is that Pedders sway bars come with Pedders High Efficiency OE Quiet Adjustable Endlinks.

If you are not going to lower your 5th Gen we do Street Z bushes. There is no reason we can't run the 27 front and 32mm rear FE3 bars. They will be lightyears better than what you have and budget friendly.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote