View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Does anyone have their car get professionally detailed versus cleaning it inside and out yourself? If so how much did they charge to have the work done? I had my Yukon detailed inside and out they did a fantastic job it almost look like new. A larger vehicle they charged me $250 but they claim they spent six hours with 2 people cleaning it inside and out.

Russ
That's really cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler360 View Post
An auto body shop by me charges $250 for an interior and exterior detail. I only know this because I went in to get an estimate on what it would cost me to wet sand some of the orange peel out out of the clear coat and I was told they just charge a full detail with out the interior.
I'd be very, very cautious of that. That's way too cheap for proper wetsanding, which is a LOT of work and they are taking a lot of risk.

When you guys are comparing prices, be sure to note what it is you're actually getting. The term "detail" is very far from uniform. To some, a detail is just a wash and wax. To others, it's a very thorough cleaning. To still others (actual pros), it's paint correction on top of a thorough cleaning. So just because Joe Blow does his "details" for $80, doesn't mean you're getting a good deal. This stuff is very time intensive, and as such, we charge quite a bit.