View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #16
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Why are you guys so freaked out? It's not a rotary. It's just a better machine. And will outlast the Porter Cable.

It does turn down also. LOL.
No one is freaked out, it's called giving responsible advice. You state that the Flex is not a rotary, however, the Flex is rated in OPM's AND RPM's. RPM's as in revolutions per minute, which is exactly how a rotary's power is rated. Now the Flex is no rotary but with the forced rotation, it can do some damage if used incorrectly. It also has a steeper learning curve. You say that it is as safe as a PC. That is absolutely not true. I would love to see two things. I would love to see you take a Flex out to your car and make a video of you doing what I do with the PC in these videos. I would also love to see you open your car up to anyone who wants to try the Flex out on your paint. This is only if you believe what you've posted.

At the same time, I would allow ANYONE with a PC to come buff on my paint, including kids. I do that all the time.

One more thing. The PC is a much better built polisher than the Flex. I've had my Flex serviced 3 times since I bought the thing. Neither my PC-7424 or my PC-7424XP have ever required service and I've had the PC-7424 for years. Those things are bullet proof.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote