View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #9
scdrj

Drives: 2014 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Just cruising around town the ceramics will perform as well as stock. However, once you start driving hard or hit the autoX or track and they begin to get some heat in them they fade very quickly. Running ceramics essentially defeats the entire purpose of 6 pot calipers. In our experience the Hawk HPS pads dust less than stock but perform better.
I do not autoX or track the car. It is a DD, but I run it hard on occasion. Do you think there would ever be an occasion where the factory pads would have out performed the Ceramics? I know you do not have a crystal ball, but shooting from the hip.

What is the purpose of a six pot caliper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpsmith1 View Post
This. I have the Hawk pads and love them. But then I don't race, so the lack of performance isn't an issue for me.
Which model Hawk pads? You have noticed them under performing the factory pads? If yes, how so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Same here. Almost no brake dust with the Hawks.
Which model Hawks? Have you notice less performance than the factory pads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MtnGoat View Post
I was probably the first one to put ceramic pads on back in May of 2012. Currently just over 45,000 miles on the Hawk ceramic pads. Pads show hardly any wear, rotors look almost new. Dust is a medium grey color and there is considerably less. I don't track the car. The occasional panic stop "stops on a dime".
Thank you for your input!
scdrj is offline   Reply With Quote