View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #15
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoEcho View Post
"You'll have to wait forever to get one made for you. There's such a demand and restricted production doesn't help. They are very hard to get. Look, here's the stack of people waiting for their orders to be filled. That's why you would be better off buying one of these on the lot. You could drive it home today as opposed to waiting 8 months. I know we don't have the color you are looking for, but once you drive it, color and options wont matter as much trust me."

These are just a few of the BS, salesman tactics one local dealer tried with me. Then he made the mistake of telling me that another local dealer had the car in the exact configuration and color I was looking for, and that he could "work a deal" to trade one of theirs with said other dealer, but that he would have to charge more (he already wanted 8k over sticker). I left his place, drove to the other dealership, got my car and saved myself 10k and didn't have to wait...

If he didn't do this he wouldn't be doing his job.... The sales guy is there to discredit the other guy and get the sale ..... It's all part of the game for most retail stores .... If you don't like the deal on the table, just move on ....