View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #22
pete-1le
pete1le

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Yes.

Transportatiing Sledge across the pond will cost me less than me travelling economy class for starters .

Why? Well I have a house there...I think that's as good a reason if any at all to start. It will certainly beat renting some 1.2L car, loll.
It would be interesting to see how you are able to get you and the car over to Europe and being able to drive it when you both get here.

From arriving at the docks in New York, it took 15 days to get it through US customs and loaded into a container.

Then you're looking at another 16 days to The Netherlands to get it transshipped to your destination, another 3 days.

Your then looking at another 7 days to get it from the port to your shipping agent for collection.

If you're registering the car in Europe you'll need modifications to the lights and then undergo a strict Vehicle Agency test (IVA). For that you're looking at an additional 4 weeks.

If I were you, I'd fly economy class to get here because 3 months in a dark camaro trunk is not going to be a very nice experience.