Thread: Mod Advice
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph09 View Post
Okay so I've had my SS (L99 A6) for a month now and I didn't really know much about cars except that I loved Camaros. I've been reading threads and googling about parts.

At first I was going for appearance mods first over performance mods but I decided I prefer some extra power and muscle sound first. I have decided on the following:
1. Kooks Headers
2. Solo exhaust w/ J pipes. (not sure the difference between the axle back and the Mach XL)
3. A cold air intake

Anybody think of anything else I should mod first/include with these
Great idea, believe me when I say, I have not liked the way a car sounded more than mine for a DD.

I have LT 1 7/8" headers, HF cats, stock resonators, and SOLO axleback with J pipes.

Headers make the car loud and mean
HF cats flow just as good as straight pipes BUT they cut down on raspiness and that bad smell people talk about when they dont have cats.
Stock resonators keep the car from being way too loud in the cabin.
SOLO axleback keeps the drone out with the j-pipes.

All in all, I hear a slight rumble in the car under 2k rpm, so its not too loud to have a conversation with the passenger or for long cruises. Over 2k it sounds great, and screams at WOT, everyone can hear me haha.

Standing behind it with a cold start will make you jump a little. Very little rasp and only above like 4k rpm.

I also have the Cold Air Inductions, Inc CAI, and love it great power and sound

After all of this, you should get a good dyno tune, makes the trans amazing

You will love it! this is a not so great dyno video showing the sound: