View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #26
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
what about the paint? not anywhere nears as nice as the movie bumblebee!why not do it right?

......'kay..........

You asked....

We have a Camaro Enthusiast in Canada that is actually painting his new Camaro SS/RS in "Sunrise" -- (the paint that Bumblebee is painted in the movie...)

Now --

Please take a guess as to what the paint and material ALONE is going to cost...(not labor...)

(no peeking...)
(insert "Jeopardy" music here...)

over $5,000 Canadian.......................

Sooooooooooooooooooo..................

See why?

ALSO NOTE: We call it the "Transformers" Edition -- NOT the "Bumblebee" edition.

Someone said "cheap stripes"

.....another said "buy off of ebay next week"

.......Really?

The stripes are not 'cheap' -- they are quite expensive because they are not just 'decals' -- trust me on this -- (and if you don't -- call a reputable company that does stripes that have gone thru 'desert/arctic validation' -- you may be surprised at just how much the material costs......

Second: The 'stuff' you may buy off of Ebay (and it won't have been licensed and will probably be taken off of ebay rather quickly by Hasbro...) will not have gone thru validation either - so it may look pretty bad after 6 months to a year of being in sun/rain/snow......

Anyone have anything embroidered lately? To get embroidery done RIGHT is not cheap..........

Sooooooooooooo.......yes, $995 is not inexpensive, but on the other hand, the stuff you do get for that money is high quality and it's validated so that it will look good a few years down the road.

As to those who believe it looks 'cheesy' - that's a matter of personal preference.

I can tell you this:

"Thor" has been in his "Transformers" outfit for the past couple of weeks-- and I'm here to tell you that the public-at-large is in love with the package......

To each his/her own.........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote