View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #98
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
I do not think that the LS7 produces as much low end torque, the LS7 doesn't exceed 400ft-lbs of torque until after 2,000rpms. By that point the LSA in the Camaro is making over 450ft-lbs of torque, so really the ZL1 Camaro will come out of the corner faster in theory.

Here is the thing, the Z/28 was stated to be slightly heavier then the V-6 Camaro, it was also stated as having a better power to weight ratio then the ZL1 Camaro. The ZL1 Camaro at 4,100 pounds and 580BHP has a power to weight ratio 7.1 pounds per horsepower (rounded up otherwise its 7.06). The only way that the Z/28 Camaro only has 500BHP is if it weighs 3,500 pounds (which it doesn't). So with the information of a better power to weight ratio and at 3,780 pounds the Z/28 Camaro is making at the crank at least 540BHP.
i didn't compare torque numbers between the two engines. i'm saying the LS7 is a torque monster, and the Z/28 will already be carrying more speed through the corners than the ZL1 because of the weight advantage and lower COG, and with the big engine it's going to fly out of that corner faster than the ZL1. i mean, that's the whole point of this thread right, that the Z/28 has alread proven faster around one track by 3 seconds? it's going to be more of the same on any other track unless there's a lot of long straights where the ZL1 can take advantage of its HP.