Thread: nw102 issues
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #58
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
all right, i will ask, what is needed to make the c5 version work...i know i will fall into this 1% range ...and not really feeling like beating my head against the wall ...throw me some working options other then going to a stock 90mm...i,m sure many are listening as this thread has grown fast for 1% issues ...as tommy states , nick seems to be full aware of issue and my hounding him will not have any positive effects...as i have stated on many occasions , i,m sure he would like it to be working perfectly and if it was a simple fix, i,m sure it would be done by now...fact 1 : nw102mm is not working well on many boost and possible high horsepower cars...probably works great on 98% of cars which are usually under 1000 hp...but most that have responded here are running this hp range...ls2 as jamie seems like a difficult option as the tuning has to be spot on and time consuming getting it...andy has opted to run old style nw102, which has the same tuning issues i believe...is the c5 a option??? lets here it...
I have an old style C5 NW102 and LPE was able to tune it with no troubles. I am sure that Andy didn't have any trouble tuning these either. I know the LPE LS9 car is running one with major boost and tons of nitrous and it has never sucked shut on their car. I called Nick and was able to get him to sell me the base for the old style and all I had to do was buy the C5 TB motor and TPS. I found the parts I needed at RPM Transmissions as well as a new complete old style NW105 that I just had to have. I am sure there are still a few laying around but might have to call quite a few shops to locate one.
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote