Thread: New System
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm T View Post
Well..........

I wish I could report pleasant results. My front speakers sound great! But...... First I get back to the shop and they couldn't even figure out how to mount the sub???? I had to tell them. They almost drilled a hole in a non-ported box. Anyway, the mgr. says it sounds amazing and he's getting ready to pull my car around. Then he comes back and says the sub is cutting out. Oh, I forgot to say that they told me their was no sound coming from it when they first wired it up then they found the connections not connected inside the box.

Does anyone know if JLAudio stealbox ships that way? Anyway, they unmounted it again and hooked it up. So, he's going to pull the car around and it's cutting out again. They supposedly fix it and pull around. I get in and turn it on. It sounded like shit! They didn't even wire my rear deck speakers to the amp?????? They are running through the factory radio power? WTH? The sub sounded, I dunno..... Not right. I turned it way down through the radio. He didn't even put in the level control I asked for. Trying to figure out a way to describe the sound of the sub. Almost a blown sound, no deep bass that thing should be putting out. We're talking W6 here. Well, they were closed and had my car all day so I left. I got about half a mile down the road and no more sub. The system still sounds better than it did with only the front speakers.

I guess I'll be going back in the morning.

Any experts around? Everything is brand new.

JLAudio HD 900/5
JLAudio Stealthbox with a 12W6
JLAudio Components up front. Very nice ones.

Do they have settings wrong on the amp? Or did they wire things wrong? They had it from 9am to 6pm.

Should I take it elsewhere and have someone look at it or head back there first?
I have a very similar set up to you. 900/5, w6, components up front. It sounds pretty good. The 900/5 encourages you not to use an LOC, which they probably did, because it's a lot easier to wire. Check my thread, and you will see how I wired it, and how I convinced others that speaker level inputs directly to the amp are the way to go.

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...1&postcount=16
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote