View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #48
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion427 View Post
This is my take on the chiller

Depends on the tune.
A stock Camaro tunes starts to pull timing at 86F.
But when the IAT are 59F and cooler,it add's timing.
So depends on how the tune is set.

I kinda like the idea of the chiller because it would make the car more consistent.Once the supercharger gets heat soak,or your stuck at the staging lane for a long period of time. If you stage at 86F on the previous run,and the next round you end up at 120F at the starting line.
Sorry!!! you just lost the race,because it will start pulling timing as soon you hit the throttle = loose power.
Once I decide which way I go with a F/I. So far leaning toward the Whipple,it will have a chiller.
This is dead on!!! I have the chiller and have run about 40 passes with it. I can't "prove" it helps my ET. What I can prove is the consistency. I won the 2012 Atlanta LSX Challenge 12 second true street in the upper 90's ambient and won the 2012 Bristol Super Chevy 12 second true street in the upper 90's ambient. Each race was a 30 mile cruise and 3 back to back hot passes. The chiller gives me great consistency. Both tracks, all 6 passes, my ET never varied more than .05 seconds. My opinion, if you want a faster car, build it. If you want consistency, and help protect your build, chill it!
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote