View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #619
casperorr

Drives: 2010 Transformer edition SS Camaro
Hello Camaro Clunking Group. I recently bought a 2010 Camaro SS, and the first thing I noticed was the clunking noise in the front end. I jumped the gun and purchased the car without any research. In 2007 I purchased a Mustang GT that had the same problem. The dealer's answer was always that it was the characteristic of the car. *Y&%^#@! SURE! Well long story short is that we organized a long list of complaints online to Ford. And Wow! Ford found the problem to be bad upper strut mount bearings etc. etc. etc. .... Whatever. The best part was that they did a TSB on the Mustang suspension and fixed the problem. I was like everyone else and very pissed off about a new car riding like an old worn out 4x4 truck. NO WAY! I finally got my Mustang back and it drove like a new car. Tight steering and NO CLUNK! It was worth holding the thread open and pounding on the door to Ford to get action on the issue. You can goto fordmustangforum.com and search the "front end clunking noise" and you will see allot of the same talk as you all have now. But It is worth continuing the fight. WOW! what a feeling, driving a 30,000 dollar car that actuall finally drives like a 30,000 dollar car. Let me know where I can help. I need the fix as well.

thanks,
Casperorr
casperorr is offline   Reply With Quote