View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
Yankee_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro M6/2SS
Yankee_SS Build Thread (SEMA 2017!)

Hi everyone, long time no see. I was on here previously but after a bit of an absence I have returned. Anyways I'm starting a build thread for my '10 2SS. I've had the car for almost 3 years now. It started life as a Summit White 2SS M6. I should have taken more pictures during that time frame haha

Here it was on the day that I bought it. Kind of plain looking right?

That didn't last very long. Within a week I was beginning to make it my own.

I sometimes crew for my buddy Doc Love (from the TV show Street Outlaws) during various no-prep race events. One day he ended up naming the car Yankee, as I'm a transplant from New York currently living in Texas. The name stuck and I've been referring to it as The Yankee ever since!

It ran around with a decent heads/cam setup, eventually I managed to get enough funds to build a stout 417 stroker topped with LME heads. I built it with 10:5 compression as I was going to be running a twin Hellion setup.

While I do like Chevy Orange, I wanted to do something a little different. Lime Green will do a good job of that.

I ran it through the cylinder hone at the School of Automotive Machinists, only taking .005 out of it.

The deck was cleaned up a little on the surfacer. Just to make sure it was square and smooth.

Here it is, I almost thought it was finished at this point....

As fun as the Hellion kit was, I was getting tired of toasting my wiring harness. I extended it a bit and did all kinds of stuff to make it work but in the end I just wanted to drive it.

Eventually I sold the kit. The car was still hilariously fun naturally aspirated. With 588hp to the tire I couldn't complain too much.

I swapped intakes a few different times.

Never being satisfied with other designs, eventually I would make my own. But that's a whole 'nother story.

It was also looking a lot better too. It sure came a long way from when I picked it up in Florida.

(more to follow)

Last edited by Yankee_SS; 09-22-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Yankee_SS is offline   Reply With Quote