View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #218
tterb0331
Chuck Thunder

Drives: 2011 2SS
I got my car back yesterday and the problem couldn't be resolved. The car was empty of Freon. When they replaced the evaporator in July, they recharged the system and put in an ultra-violet dye. When they got the car back this week, they searched the entire system for leaks, wasn't able to find anything. They recharged the system with more freon and dye, ran the car for a day and a half with the a/c on full blast, checked the system again, still no leaks. They tried over pressurizing the system to force a leak, nothing. They tried a static vacuum test, nothing. They checked every hose, connection, and grommet. They checked the evaporator, the condenser, everything. They had their lead technician doing all the work as well.

With the freon recharged my car currently has a/c, but for how long? I still have an open, escalated case with Chevrolet. They said my car is one of only three in the entree nation that has an unexplainable freon leak. Looks as though I'll be making a few trips to the dealership every month or so to get the freon recharged, making sure that each occasion is documented. I'll be moving my car to Texas at the end of the year, once there, I'll have the mechanics at a couple Chevrolet dealerships there see if they can pinpoint the problem...

But when is enough enough? What future steps do I have? I'm surprisingly not mad at the dealership or Chevrolet, but I would like the issue resolved eventually. Chevrolet won't replace anything until an actual problem can be specifically pinpointed. If I am making trips to the dealership once a month to get my freon recharged, when do I finally put my foot down and demand a solid solution, and what do I have available? If this continues, is Chevrolet going to finally do something for me, would the Lemon Law apply (definitely not what I want to do, I'm already emotionally attached to my car ), am I SOL?
Solo Performance High Flow Cats
Flowmaster AT Catbacks
QTP Electric Cutouts
AAC Dual Color Halos, Halo Foglights (awaiting install)
tterb0331 is offline   Reply With Quote